Joel & Ashley -i do, i do-

July 25, 2013

Ashley had her cups of coffee amongst the hustle and bustle of her cute bridesmaids.  They all got their gorgeous on as Ashley gushed and glammed.

Joel and his boys ate Taco Bell and got ready while having a fun day of laughs and couch lounging.

Every detail was addressed and beautifully performed.  Ashley rocks in the details and all things pretty department.  With her career spent at the coveted Anthropologie she knows how to detail a wedding…

And Joel, Ashley and all of their friends and family know how to have fun.  Betsy and I had a blast…here’s to the AWESOME new Heinen’s!!

Some of Joel & Ashley’s memories from the day:
Q. What was your favorite part about the wedding?

A. Ashley – I was so excited that it all came together so well! Having all our family and friends celebrate with us was so special to me!

Joel – The ceremony and bustin’ a move during our first dance!

Q. What was one quirky or crazy thing that happened on your wedding day?

A. A – Joel’s friends organized a ‘chair dance’ for us! I was terrified that the guys were going to drop us, but it was a blast!

J – I ate $50 worth of Taco Bell.

Q. What was the most special moment on your wedding day?

A.  A – Seeing Joel for the first time as my parents began walking me down the aisle.

J – First kiss!

Q. Did you do anything yourself?

A. I had a vision of our wedding from the very beginning, and I had a lot of fantastic people helping me create it. A talented friend, who’s a graphic artist, helped me design our ‘Save the Dates’ and our wedding invitations! Another friend hand wrote all of our invitation envelope addresses. Also, another brilliant friend, turned my inspiration into our gorgeous flowers and tablescapes! My mom and I began seeking out mercury glass votives and vases immediately! Another friend handmade my garters out of my grandmother’s antique lace. My dad hand wrote all of our place cards and made our chalkboard heart for our ‘Smilebooth.’ Finally, with some help from my parents’ dear friends, I created our programs. I hope I didn’t miss anything!

Q. What do you look forward to most about being married?

A. A – Spending the rest of our lives together! And saying goodnight instead of goodbye at the end of the day!

J – Starting a family.

Q. Where do you hope you will you be as a couple in five years?

A. We are hoping to have successful careers and a kid, or two, or three. And maybe another cat for Melo.

In the words of the bride: -vendor love-

Venues: Sts. Simon and Jude Catholic Parish; The Woodlands Country Club, Palmer Clubhouse

Dress: Alvina Valenta

Jewelry and accessories: BHLDN

Shoes: Vera Wang Lavender

Bridesmaids: J. Crew

Hair/Makeup: Sydney Kramer & Elizabeth Moran, ELM Beauty

Tuxedos: Black by Vera Wang, Men’s Wearhouse

Cakes: Kiss the Cook Cakes

Invites: Stephanie Meyer, Friend

Floral Design: Jorge Saenz, Friend

Photobooth: Smilebooth
Photobooth Backdrop: Paper Floral Artistry

DJ: LG Entertainment

Videographer: Dream Driven Media

Second Shooter: Betsy Lackey

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Elizabeth Moran

July 25th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

What gorgeous photos and what a gorgeous wedding! As the makeup artist, I am so happy to have been a part of such a beautiful day. Congrats to the Newlyweds!

2. Brooke Barrow

July 26th, 2013 at 1:41 am

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to my favorite bride! I loved working with you and your sweet mom. I hope it turned out to be everything you ever wanted.

3. Sandra Bohr Heinen

July 26th, 2013 at 2:07 am

One fine day…our whole family was waiting for this truly wonderful day, and it was all so dreamy, beautiful, and spiritual. The gorgeous photos of the beautiful bride and her handsome groom, the wedding, & reception are a treasure! All precious memories of the 1st day of the rest of their married life!

4. mona jones

July 26th, 2013 at 2:29 am

trying to think of my favorite photos! little flower girls siting by your side and the bride and groom kiss, Joel waiting…. Ash and mom before the ceremony, and bride and groom in ivy!

5. Hannah Smith

July 26th, 2013 at 6:19 am

Ashley was a breathtaking bride – I wasn’t sure how anyone could capture it all, but these photos do! Congratulations, Heinens! We all loved celebrating with you!

6. Charles-The Father of the Bride

July 26th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Clearly they did it just right. I had as great time & now the pics as a reminder for all times …

7. Lake McGuire

July 26th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Wow…..time sure does fly! It seems like just yesterday, Joel and I were neck deep in ring designs & diamond details, working to craft a beautiful engagement ring for your finger. Now you’re married! Thank you for all of the trust and faith you both put in me to make your engagement ring and wedding bands. It was an honor and privilege to help you. Congratulations on the nuptials and good luck in your new future together. p.s. Your photographer did an incredible job! ~ Lake @ Simply Radiant

8. Nicole Carfang

July 27th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

These are absolutely stunning! My favorite is the one with the flower girls and the kiss! Perfection 🙂 Such a great wedding and an amazing couple! Hoping our big day is as great as the both of yours!

9. Kathy Bishop

July 27th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Ashley, you were a stunning bride!! I really loved everything about your wedding from start to finish, you didn’t miss a beat! Everything was beautiful (flowers were amazing!). I wish you and Joel true happiness together!

10. diane mccann

July 29th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Ashley and Joel are beautiful people and provided the ideal canvas for creative, dynamic, charismatic pictures. The talent of Kelly brought all the wonderful memories into photos that will last a lifetime!

11. Tiffany

July 29th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Gorgeous pics Kelly!! We had SO much fun with you all day!

12. Patrick McCann

July 31st, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Great way to remember a great day. Pictures were unique. Glad you were able to share the pictures with everyone.

13. Gilded Wedding Inspiration | Wedding Gifts Tips

December 24th, 2013 at 1:48 am

[…] // gold striped cake // gold place settings // gilded champagne coupes // gold bridesmaid shoes // silver invitations and clutch // silver cake // gilded bouquet // gilded invitations and sequin linens // gold lollipop favors // […]

14. Gilded Wedding Inspiration | My Website