All I hear is that Adele song in my head today. I know I’m not the only one. Talking with friends over social media and I am starting to see the setting in of a little depression or “will this ever end?” amongst many of us.
How are you doing? How is life treating you? Are you out of a job? Have you had to refund so much money to clients it hurts? Have you had to postpone or cancel an event? Have you had to surrender so many of your dreams?
Ya…pretty sure that strikes a chord with all of us. Pretty sure we all are a little pissed off, discouraged and hopeless at times.
Not going to lie…I go there too and I am currently working through how we can possibly combat it. Here’s some thoughts:
- Look through old photos. Remember where you have been what you have done and how sweet of a life you have.
- Go for a walk. NOT A RUN…NOT EXERCISE…just a walk…and walk slow…enjoy the wind in the trees, or the rain hitting your face, or the sun on your back.
- Decide on an accountability partner and hold eachother to writing down 2 things you are thankful for EVERY DAY! Make sure you both do it…hold eachother to it…share or not share, but the accountability partner will add that extra help we all need these days.
- Watch a show that makes you laugh…forget this Tiger King crap, or all of the other super dramatic shows all over TV these days…we need less of that filling up out minds and more joy….try Singing in the Rain, Dumb & Dumber, Elf, Mary Poppins, Paddington, Peter Rabbit…you get the idea…fill your mind up with things of joy, peace and laughter.
- Be still and listen. That’s it. See what comes to you when you just be still…write those things down!
- Diffuse some oils…yes, do it…they are natural mood enhancers…we call them witchcraft around here.
- Facetime a friend or family.
- Have a cocktail or a glass of wine at lunch
- Write a letter and mail it or drop it in their mailbox.
- light candles, dim the lights and put on music for a super ordinary dinner tonight.
That’s just a quick brainstorm for me. What ideas some to mind for you? SHARE AWAY! We all can use all the ideas these days…let’s help eachother out!
So hello all of you.
I’m looking forward to what’s ahead. It may be a long road back, but I think there is so much beauty in that. An opportunity for us to walk slow…not run because we have to keep up or have to check it off our list…but walk slow…and enjoy.